Fuzzy Navel Parfaits **
2 Classic Delectables Fuzzy Navel Jar cake
2(10ounce)packages frozen sliced peaches, thawed
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons grated orange zest
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup orange juice
1 cup boiling water
2 egg yolks
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup sweetened whipped cream
1. Remove cakes from jars. Slice into 1-2 inch cubes.
2. Place peach slices into a large bowl, and sprinkle with brown sugar. Stir to coat, and set aside.
3. In a medium metal bowl, stir together the white sugar, flour, orange zest and salt. Whisk in the orange juice until the mixture is smooth. Gradually whisk in the boiling water.
4. In a smaller bowl, whisk the yolks together. Gradually whisk in about 1/2 cup of the hot orange mixture. Then whisk the yolk mixture back into the larger bowl.
5. Set the bowl over a pan of simmering water. Cook, stirring frequently until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter. Set aside.
6. In each parfait glass, make a layer of pound cake cubes, about 1/2 cup. Top with about 2 tablespoons of orange sauce, then 1/4 cup of peach slices.
7. Repeat the layers one more time. Top with 1 tablespoon of the orange sauce. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to be sure it is thoroughly chilled. Top each parfait with a dollop of whipped cream before serving.
**this recipe was adapted from a recipe found at www.recipezaar.com